Together with the growing technological advancements and innovations in the medical world, instances of dangerous or injurious devices are not far away. Defective devices frequently cause serious harm or the death of individuals on which these devices are utilized. Wounded persons or those who have lost their loved ones due to the usage of devices such as the Penumbra Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter may file claims against the company in question to seek restitution for their harms.
Normally, individuals would file separate claims citing the specific damages suffered. Filing a Boston Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter lawsuit with a seasoned mass tort attorney who’s dedicated to battling for the rights of people is essential to obtaining the compensation they deserve. Such instances are not simple, as plaintiffs file cases against some of the biggest and richest companies. What’s more, these cases are time-consuming and may therefore be very painful for the people involved.
At our firm, we understand the pain that you and your nearest and dearest go through if you have been hurt by a dangerous and faulty product. If you have been hurt or lost a loved one after the use of the faulty Penumbra Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter, call our mass tort attorneys serving customers nationwide now to discuss your legal choices in a totally free, secure case evaluation.
What’s the Penumbra Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter Used For?
The Jet 7 Xtra Flex identifies a catheter manufactured by Penumbra and is employed for the elimination of blood clots in the brain in thrombectomy operations. Catheters such as the Penumbra Jet 7 Xtra Flex are traditionally used to restore normal blood circulation by suctioning blood clots out. By integrating and directing the Penumbra Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter into the blocked artery, clots can easily be eliminated due to the catheter’s suction power.
FDA Action & Recall
Towards October this year, there have been reports of severe malfunctions of this device resulting in death and injuries of patients.
Following this recall, the FDA directed that all users stop using the catheter and that all facilities remove this device from their inventory as directed in the Urgent Voluntary Medical Device Recall Notification by Penumbra.
The Penumbra Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter recall came after the FDA received over 200 medical device reports connected to the catheter, including malfunctions, deaths, and serious injuries. In such MDRs, there have been 14 unique individual deaths and cases of serious injuries as well.
The JET 7 Xtra Flex catheter, initially cleared under K190010 on June 16, 2019.
The JET 7MAX configuration (which includes the JET 7 Xtra Flex catheter and MAX Delivery Device) cleared under K191946 on February 27, 2020.
This recall does not apply to the Penumbra JET 7 Reperfusion Catheter with Standard Tip.
Issues With the Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter
The Penumbra Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter remember was a consequence of device failure, especially ballooning, expansion, rupture, complete separation, breakage, and vulnerability of supporting coils close to the distal tip area of the catheter. Tests performed by the producer, which demand plugging and pressurizing the distal tip to neglect, demonstrated the Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter is not capable to withstand equivalent burst pressures to collapse as other catheters by the manufacturer used to remove thrombus in stroke sufferers.
In an early report from September 2019, a patient died after the catheter’s tip broke off within the body in a revascularization procedure. Upon elimination, it had been mentioned that the coils in the catheter’s tip were”unwound” and”frayed.”
- Blood vessel damage
- Cerebral infarction
What Should I Do If I Was Injured By a Penumbra Catheter?
In case you have been injured by the Penumbra Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter, it is important that you act quickly and speak to a lawyer who’s well-versed in liability legislation.
But going about such claims alone could be difficult and you want an experienced lawyer to guide you through each step. There’s no danger in discussing your situation with us and learning about your legal choices. Reach out to us today to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our personal injury lawyers.
What Damages Can I Be Compensated For?
In claims involving defective medical devices, the potential damages it is possible to be awarded will be based on the losses incurred. What’s more, the worth of your claim is determined by several factors, for example:
- The financial burden caused by defective device
- The severity of the harm or, if applicable, fatality
- You or your loved one’s outlook and what the recovery process looks like
Generally, plaintiffs in Penumbra Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter suits qualify to regain economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages, that are usually called”special damages” or”monetary losses” refer to all those damages awarded to compensate injured men for cash lost because of their injury. People with Penumbra Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter injury claims may receive economic compensation such as:
- Lost Wages and Income: When an injured person misses work because of the harm suffered, they could receive damages for any lost salary. People who own a business but are not able to attend to them might also receive damages for lost earnings. If the injury suffered is very likely to keep you from work in the future, you should demand damages for loss of future wages and income.
- Cost of Disability: People who have suffered an injury following the use of Penumbra Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter might qualify to receive damages for any disability caused by the device. Should they incur costs as a result of changing their lifestyle after their injury, they may have a right to seek compensation for these expenses.
Non-economic losses are usually called”general damages” or even”non-monetary losses” and therefore are supposed to offer restitution for losses that are difficult to quantify or attach a dollar value to. A number of those non-economic damages injured persons can get include:
- Pain and Suffering: Should you’ve suffered an accident after utilizing the Penumbra Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter, then you may go through pain, distress, and psychological and psychological distress. This is especially true if folks suffer life-long injuries or lose a loved one because of using a defective device. While it might be difficult to attach a dollar amount to such losses, it is standard practice which you receive these damages.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: The harms suffered after using a faulty Penumbra Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter can lead to the loss of quality of life. Injured persons may therefore be robbed of their right to take part in activities that they previously enjoyed, such as leisure and sports activities. In these cases, they might be entitled to receive compensation for loss of enjoyment of life.
- Loss of Consortium: Sometimes, injuries caused by a defective medical device may have an adverse effect on your relationship with your spouse. This could include everything from romantic connections to psychological support, companionship, and even loss of affection. In such cases, spouses may have a right to seek reparation for loss of consortium.
How Much Can an Attorney Price?
There are a variety of costs associated with product liability lawsuits, including court fees, expert witness expenses, and expenses of working with different professionals. Despite such costs, virtually all product liability lawyers will work on a contingency basis, meaning that you only pay after you’ve won and received reimbursement. If you lose, you don’t pay even a dime. Normally, attorney’s fees are dependent on the case.
If you’re unsure of exactly what it would cost you in your Penumbra Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter accident claim, contact us now to discuss all things regarding attorney’s fees with our lawyers.
File Your Boston Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter Lawsuit With Our Attorneys
The Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter was made by Penumbra to assist in the revascularization of patients with severe ischemic stroke. Since its introduction to the US market, there’s been increasing concern over the safety of the device. Especially, the FDA has received reports of injuries and deaths because of design defects in the catheter.
Individuals who have been injured or lost a loved one after using the Penumbra Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter can seek compensation for their losses. However, product liability suits can be challenging, and hiring an experienced lawyer will help your claim process considerably. If you or a loved one was hurt after utilizing the Penumbra Jet 7 Xtra Flex Catheter, then it’s important that you speak to a lawyer. Call us now on 855-938-0980 to talk to a number of our attorneys about your legal options in a totally free consultation.